Need-based Scholarships are awarded solely based on the applicant’s financial needs according to specific income brackets. The application process for this scholarship requires submission of the student’s proof of income. The Need-based scholarship awarded will only cover tuition costs and not any administrative or application costs. Please note that awards are offered on a first come first served basis and are subject to the availability of funds for the current academic year. Additionally, Need-based Aid cannot be applied in addition to any other corporate or group discounts or any other Scholarships offered by Agora.
The current total tuition for the Master of Theological Studies program is $8000. The Bishop Epiphanius Scholarship offers a need-based fund and is awarded to applicants interested in pursuing the Master of Theological Studies or the Certificate Programs and are facing financial needs.
Student Income: The income of the individual student independent of any spouse.
Types of Aid
- Grants which do not need to be repaid.
- Work-study: part-time employment opportunities of a financial value equivalent to the awarded scholarship amount.
How to Apply
Complete the financial aid application, fill in all the sections, and upload all the required documents. Missing information or documents are not accepted and will be deemed incomplete.
- Applicants may not be younger than twenty-two (22) years of age during the year they are applying, unless otherwise approved by the Committee.
- Applicant must be admitted to the Master or Certificate Programs. Proof of such acceptance/enrolment (in the form of a Letter of Acceptance or a current transcript) must be submitted along with the completed Scholarship Application.
- Applicant must be applying on a need-based status.
- Applicant must submit all application requirements and maintain an average of 3.0 GPA in all studies.
- The application will solicit information about Church-related Services and will request a personal handwritten response to a question of a thought-provoking nature.
To be eligible and continue receiving our need-based scholarship, you are required:
- To be enrolled in our Master or Certificate programs.
- Not to be on academic probation.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade of B.
- To submit the last 3-months payment slip/ HR letter stating your monthly salary and all other variables (bonus, profit share and similar).
- To submit the last 3-months bank statement.
- To demonstrate financial need by providing any of the following or similar supporting documents:
- Expenses like rental contract
- Loans or instalment statements
- Retired parents and official pension letters
- Updated CV/Resume
- Pastoral Reference letter
Need-Based Aid Income Qualification Brackets
- For a student income of $6,250/year to $2,900/year, the need-based aid package is 88% scholarship on tuition fees.
- For a student income of $2,899/year or less, the need-based aid package is 90% scholarship on tuition fees.
Sometimes, financial situations change after aid has been awarded. If this is the case, students may appeal to the Director of Admissions for a re-evaluation of their aid package. There are no guarantees that additional aid may be available at the time of the re-evaluation.